The Art of Packaging
In today’s world, it’s normal for customers to have an abundance of choice when they are looking for a certain product. What features make our products stand out from the rest? What allows us to position our brand in our consumer’s minds? It’s the product’s presentation.
The presentation of a product involves everything from the external design of a package, to the choice in the colours that are used, the design, the choice on materials, the art style and how they blend together to consolidate that desired look and feel of a product. Your package design influences all the aspects of your product, from the number of sales it will generate to the breakage rates in the transition from one place to the other. Therefore, the presentation of a product is crucial in its success.
THE PRESENTATION OF A PRODUCT IS A MIX OF PRACTICALITY, CREATIVITY AND AESTHETICS.
PRACTICALITY: THE ART OF FINDING THE UTILITY IN PRODUCT DESIGN.
- How the final presentation of a product helps boost its ultimate purpose.
- The usefulness of the design in terms of the consumption of a product.
CREATIVITY: THE ART OF CONCEIVING ORIGINALITY IN PRODUCT DESIGN.
- Original ideas cause the products to be different and catch the eye of consumers.
- Inventiveness to impulse the placement of products through brand recognition.
ZAESTHETICS: THE ART OF THE PURSUIT OF BEAUTY AND THE UTMOST APPRECIATION OF IT.
- The blend of colours and its association to set an idea in the consumers’ mind.
- The simplicity vs the complexity.
- The minimalistic vs the flamboyant.
It’s the mastery of these three elements what allows one to master the secret of packaging and how to attract consumers through it, fulfilling its purpose in its totality.